Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rest in peace Toshiba. Or pieces. Whatever.

Two years ago I decided it was time to treat myself. I had been living off of the computers on campus for ages and was getting pretty fed up with it. I hated waiting in line for an hour behind people who only wanted the computer to update their Facebook statuses. I hated being squished in between two people who continuously glanced over my shoulder to see what I was writing. And, most of all, I hated being stuck on campus until all hours of the night. 

That's a lot of hate. I know. 



So I caved. I purchased a new laptop! Of course, I had to splurge and buy an awesome Toshiba one. Oh man I was in love! I was able to do update Facebook do homework anywhere. On campus. At work. In bed while watching Family Guy reruns. You name it. 


A month passes and I decide it's time to become awesomer (it's a word, don't worry about it) and get a wireless mouse because those touch pad ones are absolutely terrible. So I take my USB adapter and.... wait.... there are no USB ports. Oh, there were holes for USB ports, but the ports themselves had somehow managed to get pushed back into the computer. I took it to my wonderful Geek Squad friends at work and even they couldn't fix it. Let alone actually open the computer up. Apparently Toshiba REALLY frowns on that.


It was all downhill from there. 


The USB ports were gone. Then my SD card reader went. Then the disc drive stopped working. Then it started making ridiculously loud clicky noises. Then the battery became pathetic. And then, this morning, the plug for the power has decided not to work.


Talk about disappointment. My nearly $1000 computer lasted me about 2 years. And now I'm forced back into the heart wrenching world of on-campus desktop computers. So, once I figure out how the heck to get all of my pictures and such off of it, I've decided I'm going to give it the death of a hero by, you know, throwing it off the roof or shooting it with my rifle or something. I'll let you know how that goes.


Talk about a first world problem....

2 comments:

  1. I would like to see pictures of your computer's send off. Or video. Yes, please take video. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I definitely will Melissa. Keep an eye out. =)

    ReplyDelete